by Patrick O'Brien
~ I.F. Stone ~
Quick to defend itself when PRISM was disclosed, the US Government assured us that:
(1) no American citizens had been spied on, and
(2) Prism had helped prevent terrorist attacks.
Lies — both of them — and disassembled here . . .
(1) Fisa court oversight: a look inside a secret and empty process ~ Glenn Greenwald | UK Guardian
June 19, 2013 — “Obama and other NSA defenders insist there are robust limitations on surveillance but the documents show otherwise …”
(2) The NSA’s Best Defense of PRISM Didn’t Even Last a Week ~ The Atlantic
June 11, 2013 — “Looks like surveillance defenders just lost their main talking point in defense of the NSA’s (formerly) secret phone and data tracking programs …”
And this . . .
(3) NSA’s Talking Points Defending NSA Surveillance ~ Techdirt
June 14, 2013 — “The government has been passing around some “talking points” to politicians and the press trying to spin the NSA surveillance story. Let’s dig in on a few of the points …”